Is the only FDA and medically proven method for permanent hair removal. Electrolysis can be applied to the face and most areas on the body. It is effective on all skin and hair types. Temporary methods such as shaving, tweezing, depilatories and waxing are time consuming and can increase hair growth activity.
How does Electrolysis work?
It is a simple procedure, performed by inserting a small metal probe into the hair follicle alongside the hair. A small amount of electrical current is then delivered to the probe. Thus destroying the hair bulb or papilla which is the growing part of the hair.
Is Electrolysis safe?
Yes! Electrolysis has a 125 year history of safety and effectiveness. There has never been a reported case of disease transmission in electrolysis. I use only sterile disposable probes and sterilized tweezers for each client.
Are all hairs eliminated in one treatment or is regrowth to be expected?
All hairs have different cycles of growth and may not be visible on the surface of the skin at the same time. Hair normally grows for its usual cycle and then naturally sheds and replaces itself. Following an active growing period, most hair follicles go into a dormant stage. The period of dormancy may last for an indefinite period of time, however, replacement hairs usually appear within 3 to 12 months. The appearance of these coarse replacement hairs from a dormant hair follicle should not be mistaken as re-growth from previously treated follicles.
Is Electrolysis uncomfortable?
Whether there is any discomfort during electrolysis is variable depending on the clients pain tolerance. New advances in technology has made electrolysis much more comfortable. Even though some parts of the body are more sensitive that others, adjustments can be made which may help to make the treatment more comfortable.
What is Cataphoresis?
Cataphoresis offers many benefits. It can reduce the warm sensation, and redness which can be caused by electrolysis. Also, the electrical current stimulates the sebaceous gland which will secrete basic sebum. The hair follicle then becomes a potential area for the effect of the production of bacteria proliferation. The best reason to use cataphoresis after electrolysis is to produce vasoconstriction of the follicular ostiums and restore the pH balance of the skin, in order to prevent any infection.
- Good personal hygiene is an important part of preparation. Clients should be showered and clean before they arrive to have body treatment done. For work around the hairline and nape, hair should be washed.
- Clean skin reduces the risk of irritation, lotions, oils, and/or make-up should be avoided on the areas to be treated.
- Do not apply deodorant or antiperspirant before having work done on the underarms.
- It is important to be well hydrated for your treatment, thus drinking an adequate amount of water 1-2 days prior to your treatment is suggested.
- Avoid ingesting caffeine or other stimulants on the day of your treatment.
Post TreatmentImmediately following treatment, it is normal for the treated area
to be slightly red and/or become slightly swollen. These
common reactions tend disappear within an hour,
however it occasionally may take longer.
Remember to keep the area clean and dry for 24 hours
- The area treated should be disturbed as little as possible. Do not rub, scratch or squeeze the treated area.
immediately following treatment. Occasionally,
whiteheads or scabs may develop due to bacteria, however do not
squeeze these. If desired, apply a dab of calamine lotion
to the area. This reaction is normal and whiteheads and scabs will
disappear by themselves.To cleanse the area, you may use mild soap and water. However,
do not rub harshly while washing or drying area. You may blot
lightly with an antiseptic such as Sea Breeze, Bactine or
- It is also best to avoid harmful rays of direct sunlight, and tanning salons for 24 hours. I recommend the use of sunscreen SPF 30 on the area of treatment.
- It is best not to apply make-up to the area for 24 hours. Do not use deodorant or antiperspirants for 24 hours. Avoid plucking, shaving or waxing any hairs between appointments. As this can stimulate new growth. It is best to trim unwanted hair with a pair of small scissors until your next appointment.
$30 for Half hour
$60 for Hour